THE OBJECTIVES OF ISLAMIC STUDIES
1. To develop in the learner an understanding and appreciation of Islam as a way of life and to inculcate in them the love for the religion so that the Islamic value system, principles and practices become an ingrained and natural part of their lives as they grow towards maturity and adulthood. To achieve the above goal, the following Aims have been formulated: * Fundamental beliefs of Islam * Concept of Ibaadah (worship) * Concept of Al-Deen (religion) * Social system of Islam * Moral system of Islam * Political system of Islam * Economic system of Islam * Spiritual system of Islam.
2. To cultivate in the learner a reverence for, and a love for Allah, Creator of the Universe.
3. To acquaint the learner with the basic teachings of Islam as laid down in the Holy Qur'aan and exemplified in the life and conduct of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi was-sallam).
4. To develop within the learner the qualities which make for a well-balanced Muslim.
5. To teach the learner selected Ahadeeth in order to get him to direct his own conduct.
6. To teach the learner the daily practices with regard to worship and general conduct as befits a Muslim.
7. To teach the learner practices with regard to personal hygiene.
8. To make the learner aware that he is part of a greater Muslim community.
9. To acquaint the learner with the contributions made by Muslims to human progress.
The Learning Islam Series of Islamic Textbooks has been structured around the following topics: Aqeedah, Akhlaaq, History and Fiqh. The First three books are presented in a unit style of 24 units. Each unit comprising a lesson on Aqeedah, Akhlaaq, History and Fiqh. Books Four to Seven are presented in a chapter format, with four chapters (1st Aqeedah, 2nd Akhlaaq, 3rd History and 4th Fiqh)
The History lessons cover the Seerah and stories of several Prophets and Sahaabah. The Fiqh lessons are presented according to the Hanafi, Shaafi'ee, Maliki and Hanbali Mathaahib. The Fiqh lessons are clearly presented and each Mathaahib is acknowledged.
|Suitable for Grade R and Grade 1; 72 Page illustrated Workbook.|
|100 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 1.||100 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 2.||136 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 3.|
|60 Page Workbook to be used with Book 1.||60 Page Workbook to be used with Book 2.||60 Page Workbook to be used with Book 3.|
|160 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 4.||160 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 5.||160 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 6.||160 Page Textbook suitable for Grade 7.|
|192 Page comprehensive Fiqh Textbook suitable for secondary level students or adults covering all the essential aspects of Fiqh. Fiqh Textbook to be used with Volume 1 and 2.|
|234 Page Textbook recommended to be taught over 2 years for Grade 8 and 9. Topics covered: Aqeedah, Qur'aan & Tafsir, Hadeeth, Akhlaaq and History||266 Page Textbook recommended to be taught over 3 years for Grade 10, 11 and 12. Topics covered: Aqeedah, Qur'aan & Tafsir, Hadeeth, Akhlaaq and History|
|Beginners Arabic Reader. Once completed the learner will advance to reciting the Qur'aan.|
|Foundation Phase Memorization List Book. Consists of all the Kalimahs, Duas, Expressions and Surahs the learner needs to memorize for each grade||Intermediate Phase Memorization List Book. Consists of all the Kalimahs, Duas, Expressions and Surahs the learner needs to memorize for each grade|
|Ambiya-ullah is a 148 Page illustrated reader. Consists of the stories in chronological order of the 25 Prophets mentioned in the Qur'aan. May be read to 5 and 6 year olds or read by the young learner who is ready to read.|
|Daily Duas consists of the Kalimahs, Duas and Expressions recited on a daily basis.|
© DPB Printers and Booksellers. | All rights reserved.